Fun Things to do in Marin and the Bay Area this Week: July 12–18
Explore the Presidio and Crissy Field in San Francisco
Keep the kiddos busy! Here's out list of fun things to do with the kids for the week of July 12–18. We've broken it down day-by-day with suggestions for activities, outings, events, and more that you can use to help plan out your week.
Keep in mind that some of these activities require advance registration, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
Monday, July 12
- Explore the fantastic lives of beetles, millipedes, tarantulas, and more at the Insect Discovery Lab online,Tiburon Belvedere Library.
- Go for a family swim at the Redwood High School Pool in Larkspur. Monday–Thursday, 1 pm. $10 drop-in fee.
Make these amazingly delicious s'mores cookies to enjoy the magic of s'mores anytime without the campfire.
Tuesday, July 13
- Walk, bike, and play along the water at Blackie's Pasture in Tiburon.
- Visit the San Francisco Botanical Garden in Golden Gate Park for free.
- Explore the Presidio and Crissy Field in San Francisco.
Walk, bike and play along the water at Blackie's Pasture in Tiburon
Wednesday, June 14
- Bring your egg shakers & instruments to jam along at Kay Park, Mill Valley for interactive musical entertainment with Music with Megan, Wednesday, 9:30 am.
- See the movie The Angry Birds Movie 2 at Century Rowland Plaza or Northgate 15, 9:30 am.
- Join Vanessa of the Larkspur Library for live storytime, Wednesdays & Fridays, 11:30 am.
- Take the kiddos out to one of the many awesome ice cream shops in Marin and the North Bay.
Thursday, July 15
- Take a summer road trip back to the Gold Rush at Columbia State Historic Park in the Mother Lode. Open daily, 10 am–5 pm.
- Mother Goose with Iris online offers rhymes, songs, and stories for preschool and toddlers, presented by Marin County Library.
- Head to one of the Bay Area's water parks for some waterslides and fun in the sun.
- See the San Rafael Pacifics take on the Monterey Amberjacks at Albert Park. Thursday and Friday, 6:30 pm
Take a summer road trip back to the Gold Rush at Columbia State Historic Park in the Mother Lode. Open daily, 10 am–5 pm.
Friday, July 16
- Explore the trails, the historic village, and the beach at China Camp State Park in San Rafael. Open daily.
- Experience the Latin beat of Ka-Hon, part of the free Yerba Buena Children's Garden series. Friday, 11 am & 12:15 pm.
- Visit Marin Country Mart in Larkspur for Movie Nights at the Mart: Disney's Aladdin, 6 pm.
- Grab your low chairs or blankets as the free Jazz and Blues by the Bay presents Andre Thierry at Gabrielson Park in Sausalito. 6:30 pm
- Pack a picnic for an outdoor movie on the Green Music Center's Weill Lawn at Sonoma State University for Pixar's animated adventure Coco. 7 pm.
Saturday, July 17
- Learn all about Persian dance (and participate, too!) at Bay Area Discovery Museum Saturday, 11 am & 12:40 pm. Free with admission; advance tickets required.
- Walk or bike on the Bay Trail at the Hamilton Wetlands in Novato
- Enjoy a free live concert on Novato's Civic Green featuring Buck Ford (country/honkytonk/western swing). 5–7 pm
- See Disney's The Jungle Book outdoors at the Lark Drive-in at the Village at Corte Madera. Saturday, 9 pm.
Sunday, July 18
- Drop-in for open gym time at Gymworld in San Rafael. Sunday, 9–11 am. $30 per child
- Shop for fresh produce at Sunday's Civic Center Marin Farmers Market, 8 am–1 pm.
- Grab lunch at a food truck at the Marin Country Mart, Larkspur Landing. 11 am–3 pm.
- Enjoy the Mill Valley Golf Course without the clubs! Have a picnic, relax in the sun, play catch, and more! 2–7 pm
- Take the ferry to Angel Island for a day of hiking and exploring.
- Enjoy brunch and live music at Strawberry Village in Mill Valley, weekends from 11:30 am–2:30 pm
September 20, 2021
September 18, 2021
September 13, 2021
September 12, 2021
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here!