Fun Things to do in Marin and the Bay Area this Week: September 20-26
Pronzini Pumpkin Patch opens for the season this Saturday.
Keep the kiddos busy! Here's out list of fun things to do with the kids for the week of September 20–26. We've broken it down day-by-day with suggestions for activities, outings, events, and more that you can use to help plan out your week.
Keep in mind that some of these activities require advance registration, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
Monday, September 20
- Join us for Monday morning storytime for children 0-5 at Pt. Reyes Library, Monday, 10:30–11:15 am.
- Learn about the world of sea otters with the Marine Mammal Center's online Marine Mammal Monday, Monday, 3–5 pm.
- Make our favorite apple pie with your freshly picked local apples.
- Head to the big top at Northgate Mall in San Rafael for a performance by American Crown Circus, Monday, 7:30 pm.
Tuesday, September 21
- Fall is a perfect time to take a family hike at Ring Mountain Open Space Preserve near Tiburon.
- Make a fresh batch of delicious gluten-free blueberry oatmeal breakfast muffins.
- Get on your bikes and ride the pump track at Stafford Lake Bike Park in Novato.
- Shop for fresh produce at this week's Novato Community Farmer's Market, Tuesday, 4–8 pm.
Take a train ride on the Little Puffer and explore the San Francisco Zoo.
Wednesday, September 22
- Explore the new Gumnut Grove at the Bay Area Discovey Museum in Sausalito Wednesday–Sunday, 9 am– 4pm.
- Take the kiddos skating during Toddlers on Ice at Snoopy's Home Ice in Santa Rosa, Wednesday, 11 am–noon.
- Join Vanessa of the Larkspur Library for live storytime, Wednesdays & Fridays, 11:30 am.
- Make a mini macrame plant hanger (for ages 5–12) with an online workshop from the Novato Library, Wednesday, 4–5 pm.
Thursday, September 23
- Shop for fresh produce at the Thursday's Marin Farmers Market, Marin Veteran's Memorial parking lot, 8 am–1 pm.
- Visit the animals and ride the Little Puffer train at the San Francisco Zoo. Reserve your spot now.
- Come to Copperfields Books at Marin Country Mart for a free outdoor storytime, Thursday, 11 am.
- Create a magical metamorphosis (caterpillar to butterfly) craft with the Cal Academy.
Friday, September 24
- Pick the perfect pumpkin and get lost in the corn maze at Petaluma Pumpkin Patch. Opens for the season Friday at 10 am!
- Sing along children's entertainer Megan Schoenbohm at Corte Madera Town Park, 10:30 am & 12:30 pm.
- Join children's book author Samantho R. Vamos for a reading of her book Alphabet Boat at Marin City Library, Friday, 2 pm.
- Catch a free screening of Pixar's Inside Out at Marin Country Mart and grab dinner and drinks from one of their great restaurants, Friday, 6 pm.
The Nicasio Valley Pumpkin Patch opens this Saturday, at 10 am.
Saturday, September 25
- Get a head start on the fall family fun at Nicasio Valley Pumpkin Patch! Find pumpkins, take a hay ride, and more. Opens for the season Saturday at 10 am.
- Pronzini Farms Pumpkin Patch opens for the season on Saturday! Pick pumpkins, brave the Haunted Village, visit the farm animals, have a picnic, and more, Saturday, 10 am–7 pm.
- Join Mrs. D for a free Musical Moments kids' concert at Novato's Pioneer Park, Saturday, 10:30 am.
- Petaluma's Happy Dahlia Farm hosts a free Magic Bubble Show with Sterling the Bubblesmith, Saturday,11 am.
- Dust off those Lederhosen and celebrate Oktoberfest at the Tam Valley Community Center, Saturday, 3–8 pm.
- The family movie Paddington 2 comes to the Lark Drive-In at the Village in Corte Madera, 7:30 pm.
Sunday, September 26
- Fall is a great time to picnic and play at one of the many Marin County beaches.
- Take a train ride and visit the animals at Sonoma TrainTown, Sunday, 10 am–4 pm and then have a picnic at the Sonoma Plaza.
- Grab lunch at a food truck at the Marin Country Mart, Larkspur Landing, Sunday, 11 am–3 pm.
- Come and enjoy Children's Music Hour with Sarah Rose at the Happy Dahlia Farm in Petaluma, noon–1 pm.
October 11, 2021
September 30, 2021
September 27, 2021
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here!