12 Fun Family Activities for Mid-Winter Break
Whether you're getting in the car and heading up to Tahoe for skiing or snow play or just hanging around the house, you'll find plenty of fun things to do with the kids during their time off! Here's our list of 12 fun family activities and outings in Marin and beyond for mid-winter break.
- Take a family road trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and Pacific Grove.
- Go have some wintertime fun and ski or play in the snow.
- Celebrate the Year of the Rat at the Bay Area Discovery Museum's Lunar New Year Celebration.
- Take the SMART train to Santa Rosa and go skating at Snoopy's Home Ice (check out the Charles M. Schulz Museum across the street for even more fun).
- Get hands-on at a fun Bay Area museum.
- Explore Sonoma Valley's historic sites, parks, and family-friendly wineries.
- Go on a family adventure in the Marin Headlands.
- Explore the Nature Area and Little Farm at Berkeley's Tilden Park.
- Enjoy a winter hike at Jack London State Historic Park in Glen Ellen.
- Visit San Francisco's Japantown for fun, food, and shopping, Japanese-style.
- Explore Point Reyes National Seashore and West Marin.
- Take the kids on an unforgettable train ride in the Bay Area and beyond.
If you're looking for more things to do, make sure you check out our calendar listings for plenty of family fun events.
Photo: Monterey Bay Aquarium
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here!