20 Things You and Your Kids Have to Do in Marin this Summer
Summer vacation is here and it's time to explore with the kiddos in Marin. We've put together a list of 20 must-do activities, events, and outings that every family needs to try in Marin County this summer.
- Travel to the top of Mt. Tamalpais for amazing views of the Bay Area.
- Visit the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito to meet storybook characters, get hands-on with STEM projects, and more.
- Make a reservation to visit the big trees at the spectacular Muir Woods National Monument.
- Cool off on a hot day at the Hamilton Community Pool in Novato.
- Spend the day swimming and playing on San Pablo Bay at McNears Beach Park in San Rafael
- Hop a ferry to Angel Island for hiking, biking, and more.
- Play in the sand and surf at Stinson Beach.
- Take a hike at the Point Reyes National Seashore visitor center near Olema.
- Cross a swinging bridge to visit a lighthouse and meet marine mammals at the Marin Headlands.
- See Marin's own boys of summer, the San Rafael Pacifics, play at Albert Park.
- Listen to some great free live music outdoors.
- See an outdoor movie in a local Marin park.
- Pick out some great food and summer produce at the Sunday Marin Civic Center farmers market.
- Enjoy the rides, exhibits, fireworks, and fun at the Marin County Fair.
- Try your hand at Italian street painting in downtown San Rafael.
- Picnic, fish, ride your bike, and play at Stafford Lake Park in Novato.
- Get a scoop of some great locally made ice cream.
- Visit Blackie the Horse and play along the Bay in Tiburon.
- Play a round of mini golf and more at McInnis Park in San Rafael
- Take the kiddos camping at Samuel P. Taylor State Park in Lagunitas.
September 24, 2018
September 22, 2018
September 20, 2018
Monday, September 24, 2018
Hamilton Community Center West Wing Auditorium
Redwood Empire Gymnastics
Childrens Museum of Sonoma County
Mill Valley Nursery School
Cal Star Gymnastics