20 Things You and Your Kids Have to Do in Marin this Summer
Summer vacation is here and it's time to explore with the kiddos in Marin. We've put together a list of 20 must-do activities, events, and outings that every family needs to try in Marin County this summer.
- Travel to the top of Mt. Tamalpais for amazing views of the Bay Area.
- Visit the Bay Area Discovery Museum to experience dinosaurs, play on the new Lookout Cove boat, get hands-on with STEM projects, and more.
- Make a reservation to visit the big trees at the spectacular Muir Woods National Monument.
- Cool off on a hot day at the Hamilton Community Pool in Novato.
- Spend the day swimming and playing on San Pablo Bay at McNears Beach Park in San Rafael
- Hop a ferry to Angel Island for hiking, biking, and more.
- Play in the sand and surf at Stinson Beach.
- Take a hike at the Point Reyes National Seashore visitor center near Olema.
- Cross a swinging bridge to visit a lighthouse and meet marine mammals at the Marin Headlands.
- See Marin's own boys of summer, the San Rafael Pacifics, play at Albert Park.
- Listen to some great free live music outdoors.
- See an outdoor movie in a local Marin park.
- Pick out some great food and summer produce at the Sunday Marin Civic Center farmers market.
- Enjoy the rides, exhibits, fireworks, and fun at the Marin County Fair.
- Picnic, fish, ride your bike, and play at Stafford Lake Park in Novato.
- Get a scoop of some great locally made ice cream.
- Visit Blackie the Horse and play along the Bay in Tiburon.
- Play a round of mini golf and more at McInnis Park in San Rafael
- Take the kiddos camping at Samuel P. Taylor State Park in Lagunitas.
- Explore the Marin Headlands where you can hike to a lighthouse, play on the beach, and visit the Marine Mammal Center.
November 10, 2019
November 10, 2019
November 9, 2019
November 8, 2019
Sign up for tips & news for Marin families!
Promote your business here!